Dog attack on ducks

cshire

Hatching
Apr 8, 2021
Came home last night to two dead chickens and two injured Indian Runner ladies. The one lady won't move her legs at all just drags herself along the ground. I have inspected and found a small wound near her right leg and have cleaned it up. The other female is limping but walking and had a much larger wound on her leg. The Drake won't let me near the hurt one this morning to check on her. He keeps charging at me and biting my legs if I try to get close. Should I wait another day or two to see if she heals or should I put her to rest.

Came home last night to two dead chickens and two injured Indian Runner ladies. The one lady won't move her legs at all just drags herself along the ground. I have inspected and found a small wound near her right leg and have cleaned it up. The other female is limping but walking and had a much larger wound on her leg. The Drake won't let me near the hurt one this morning to check on her. He keeps charging at me and biting my legs if I try to get close. Should I wait another day or two to see if she heals or should I put her to rest.
It's probably going to take considerably longer than a couple of days for your ducks to recover from their injuries. Personally, I'd isolate her so that she can receive the treatment for her wounds she needs. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom