Dog attack suspected paralyzed leg

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bowler729, Sep 9, 2016.

1. bowler729

bowler729 New Egg

Sep 9, 2016
    This past Sunday I had a dog attack several of my chickens. He killed 3. One went MIA and injured two roosters. One of my roosters he injured was a bantam. He seems to have a paralyzed leg. He is eating and drinking. We have had him in a Guinea pig cage the last few days and he started wanting to fly tonight so we moved him to an ex pen so he won't bang his head. He went to the vet on Tuesday and the vet didn't feel any breaks and didn't think it's dislocated. Any thoughts on how we can help him learn to move better? I really want to give him a chance to be a pet. He is moving around some using his wings for support. We have bandaged the bum leg to his body so it wasn't dragging behind him but I need to make a homemade sling rather than using guaze. Any thoughts or suggestions or tips would be appreciated. [​IMG]

2. blairctchickens

blairctchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2016
    North East Kansas
    Hope all is well!! looks like some time has passed since the event. Got an good update on your survivors?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by