Dog attack victim!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by rooster brandon., Feb 15, 2011.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Ok my neighbor dog got loose and killed almost all of his flock i saved some and he gave them to me here he is
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He has some small skin breaking blood marks right in front of his tail and some feathers missing i put some vitamins in his water what else can i do? Oh and any idea what breed mix he is i know he has some jersey gaint in him he is dubed!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    He's beautiful! if he has an open wound try to clean it out the best you can, you might have to trim back his feathers a bit to get to it, use betadine and water mixed to look like strong tea, then apply neosporin w/o pain killer, he should be fine, sorry for his loss, and happy for your gain..

3. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    He is doing strong eating and drinking, the lady at co-op said to give him blue ribbon poultry electrolyte pack the wounds are small they barely break the skin just enough to cause blood the feathers are ripped out and they are the size of half a dime.I cant go to the store because car quick it is simple but our friend just took us to get feed i would hate to turn around and go back.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  4. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Any idea on what mix he is?Sorry if i dont respond im gonna go take the trash of i will be in the yard!

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Nope but he is handsome, maybe someone else will be able to chime in on breed. Does he have a good temperment? and if his wounds are that small he should be fine you can actually just clean them with soap and warm water, making sure to dry him and also get all the soap off.

6. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    What would calm him down when cleaning he more than likely has never been held he isn't skiddish he is just HUGE it took 2 people to hold him down securely even know he is big he can run like lightning!He wont even fit in a fishing net to catch him!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by