Dog did not get my babies. Yeah to my dogs

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by terrilhb, Feb 2, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] I so love my 4 dogs. Around 3 this morning a stray dog came into my yard. Not welcome. Last dog that did killed 12 of my hens. Well anyway they are inside. I am sound asleep. I wake up to them raising cain. Barking growling, whining such carrying on. I open door immediately and set them loose. Off they go. Where the other dog went I don't know. Mine come back after about 20 30 mins and run right up to the chicken coop and both goat pens and make sure they are all ok. Then come running to me and sit and look at me like we did good. Everyone is safe. I am so thankful for them. [​IMG] All 4 are dogs that were left to die and I rescued. Best dogs ever. I love them [​IMG]

2. sticksoup

sticksoup Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Bradenton
    What are your dogs?

3. LyonFuzz

LyonFuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    South Lyon, Michigan
    THose rescue dogs know how good they have it now....that's their way of saying "thanks"....

4. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    aww whose are so good ???? youse are so good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now get mama to make you some eggs.

5. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I have 3 chow mastiff mix and 1 that the vet says is bloodhound, doberman, german shephard, mastiff and rott. And the last one is the biggest baby in the world. Walks up to cars and sticks his head in windows to be petted. Loves my goats and chicks. But when the others get riled he is too. The 1st 3 I got the oldest is the dad. He is 8 yrs old. His sons are going on 3 yrs. and the other is going to be 2 around april or may. Here are some pics[​IMG]This is the oldest. Hooch[​IMG]these two are hank and storm. Storm is the tan one.[​IMG]This one is Cujo. Such good babies

6. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Very handsome boys you got there [​IMG]

I love when we read about "good dogs" versus predatory dogs...brightens my day!

7. Stonerowfarm

Stonerowfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Cheshire, MA
    Oh my gosh! Look at those beautiful pups. I can't believe they are so good with the goat baby. You are so fortunate they run off the predators and protect your chicks and goats. Treats all around for them.

8. poultryrox11

poultryrox11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2011
    Petersburgh, New York
    You are sooo lucky! My pup does the opposite! Copper is a shepard, dachsund, beagle mix. He's 1 yo and he attacks my chickens! We keep him chained up away from the chickens when he's outside, but it's still a huge problem. Heartbreaking, really. [​IMG]

9. macdoogle

macdoogle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    San Diego
    Good job giving those pups a second chance. Rescued dogs can be the best.

10. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    You like, fed them bacon covered bacon with bacon on top wrapped in bacon as a treat for this right? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by