Dog drives car in Oklahoma!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bec, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Car impounded after dog drives away from car wash
    From Associated Press
    November 06, 2008 7:59 PM EST
    PRYOR, Okla. - A dog waiting in a car while at a car wash slipped the vehicle into gear and drove in a loop before the car came to a stop. Pryor police officer Brent Crittenden said the dog's owner was washing the vehicle when the 70-pound pit bull jumped on the dash and somehow shifted the car into reverse.

The car backed out of the car wash bay, continued onto a highway and then looped around before coming to a stop at an automated car wash lane.

Crittenden said the vehicle was impounded because its owner was unable to provide proof of insurance.

Because the dog was registered with the city, Crittenden said the owner was allowed to walk the pooch home.

I am glad no one was hurt!!! Naughty Puppy!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:LOL [​IMG] That'll teach him to let a pitbull drive without insurance.

(eta... he got it the wrong license... tee hee hee!!)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  3. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    [​IMG]

You have no idea how many times I've stopped at the store to run in real quick and left my dog in the car with the AC running in the Texas heat. That could have been me.

4. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I was at a store where the dog knocked the car into drive and hit the car in front of it. Try explaining to your insurance agent that the dog was behind the wheel at the time of the accident!

5. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:I was at a store where the dog knocked the car into drive and hit the car in front of it. Try explaining to your insurance agent that the dog was behind the wheel at the time of the accident!

[​IMG] Yea, that would probably be a tough sell.

6. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Another reason to make sure you use the emergency brake.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by