dog eating chicken poo........

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by texascorgi, Apr 28, 2007.

1. texascorgi

texascorgi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    White Deer, Tx
    Is it harmful. He eats the smaller dogs poo so getting him to stop will be hard. I was just curious

2. Ravenxxx

Ravenxxx Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2007
    England
    Both my dogs have a little munch now and then and seem to be ok??, my long hair chihuahua likes to roll in a real big bit too GRRRR!!

3. texascorgi

Apr 20, 2007
    White Deer, Tx
    LOL... Glad to know that my dogs are not the only wierd ones out there

4. pegbo

pegbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    I have a black lab, Ruby, who seems to think chicken poo is a delicacy! I scold her when she eats it but she will sneak it occasionally. Once in a while she'll throw it up and I just tell her it's her own fault.[​IMG]

5. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    I feed my dogs DE with their food, because they will occasionally eat the chicken poop.

6. merryreader

merryreader Chillin' With My Peeps

My collie ate it for about a week when we 1st let them free range. I guess she got enough because she has stopped showing any interest in it. Merrry

7. texascorgi

Apr 20, 2007
    White Deer, Tx
    Good that makes me feel better that my dog is not the only one doing it. I scold all of my dogs when I see them do it but they still sneak it. I guess they think it is a forbidden treat.

8. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    ALL three of my dogs do that, a poodle, jack russel, and lab. Chicken poop, horse poop, rabbits poop, goat.. ect and guinea too. Its absoulutely discusting, and we have been trying hard to break this habit. They never did it while we were in town. But now that we live out here they do.

every single one of them also rolls in poop, every day, so we give all of them and average of 1 bath per dog a day. but often enough its more than that. i don't know why animal poop appeals to them so much. i'm always afraid that they will get sick.

9. texascorgi

Apr 20, 2007
    White Deer, Tx
    Yeah I have a corgi that loves to roll in it and the other 4 love to eat it. I swear sometimes they make me want to gag but I love them anyway

10. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Since a dog's instinct is one of the hunter, they roll in anything to mask their own sent. My boxer loves nothing more than a good, aged dead possum to roll in. Now that's a very pleasant smell.[​IMG]
    My dogs also love deer poo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by