dog eating chicken poo........

Both my dogs have a little munch now and then and seem to be ok??, my long hair chihuahua likes to roll in a real big bit too GRRRR!!

I have a black lab, Ruby, who seems to think chicken poo is a delicacy! I scold her when she eats it but she will sneak it occasionally. Once in a while she'll throw it up and I just tell her it's her own fault.
lol.png

Good that makes me feel better that my dog is not the only one doing it. I scold all of my dogs when I see them do it but they still sneak it. I guess they think it is a forbidden treat.

ALL three of my dogs do that, a poodle, jack russel, and lab. Chicken poop, horse poop, rabbits poop, goat.. ect and guinea too. Its absoulutely discusting, and we have been trying hard to break this habit. They never did it while we were in town. But now that we live out here they do.

every single one of them also rolls in poop, every day, so we give all of them and average of 1 bath per dog a day. but often enough its more than that. i don't know why animal poop appeals to them so much. i'm always afraid that they will get sick.

Yeah I have a corgi that loves to roll in it and the other 4 love to eat it. I swear sometimes they make me want to gag but I love them anyway

Since a dog's instinct is one of the hunter, they roll in anything to mask their own sent. My boxer loves nothing more than a good, aged dead possum to roll in. Now that's a very pleasant smell.
smile.png

My dogs also love deer poo.

Back
Top Bottom