1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

dog euthanized, owner changes mind

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by dainerra, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
  2. POOR pup [​IMG]

3. Typical of our society today. She signed everything, but basically still said it was not her fault because she did not read it before signing. She infers that the fault lies with the organization. Typical and sad. Our society is learning that we need not accept fault for anything and its always the others fault. You can fix a lot of things, but stupid is not one of them. Poor dog was probably raised the wrong way which caused the problems to begin with.
    She needs the stupid slapped out of her, but I doubt anyone could hit that hard.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  4. naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2011
    I'm not sure I unstand why the dog was not adoptable. It was a young lab, left alone for eight hours a day. Of course it would get destructive. Someone who was at home a lot could have worked with the dog. Unless I'm missing something (I did sort of fly through the artical), I don't think it should have been put down.

5. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Quote:shelters are loaded to overflowing with perfectly well behaved animals that need homes. There is no room left for animals with health or behavior problems. I am sure they had no choice. Poor dog.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:2x

They told her repeatly that the dog would or may be euthoanized. She signed over. Its like buyer's remorse and there is NO guarantees if the dog would work out with another new owners. I agree, the shelters are overflowed with great pets but culled out the problematic or chronic ill dogs.

7. whitejerabias

whitejerabias Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2011
    I heartily agree! Humans these days need a good dose of responsibility before it is too late.

8. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    That's awful the dog didn't even get a chance to be adopted again. I cant believe they would do that.

RIP Lucy

9. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    What I think is sad is alot of Labs are like that at that age and grow out of it. Why didn't she try to find someone willing to at least give the dog a chance?She basically gave them enough information about the dog that the decision could be made in minutes.Alot of times if these dogs are rehomed to someone very active or given a job to do they excell at it. Glad the story is out so other people will think things through first maybe. I have a JRT that I rescued from the animal shelter parking lot basically, his story was about to be the same. Not the perfect dog but at least we have learned to work around it.

10. goldies99

goldies99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    i agree she didnt read what was said..........but do you really think it is right to kill the dog with in 10 minutes....just because she couldnt keep the dog, i bet someone who worked with the dog and gave it some time could have had a good dog....it was still a puppy and just didnt want to be alone....i think they should ALWAYS have a waiting period before putting a dog down!...even if its just a day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by