dog euthanized, owner changes mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
POOR pup
hit.gif

Typical of our society today. She signed everything, but basically still said it was not her fault because she did not read it before signing. She infers that the fault lies with the organization. Typical and sad. Our society is learning that we need not accept fault for anything and its always the others fault. You can fix a lot of things, but stupid is not one of them. Poor dog was probably raised the wrong way which caused the problems to begin with.
She needs the stupid slapped out of her, but I doubt anyone could hit that hard.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I unstand why the dog was not adoptable. It was a young lab, left alone for eight hours a day. Of course it would get destructive. Someone who was at home a lot could have worked with the dog. Unless I'm missing something (I did sort of fly through the artical), I don't think it should have been put down.

Quote:
shelters are loaded to overflowing with perfectly well behaved animals that need homes. There is no room left for animals with health or behavior problems. I am sure they had no choice. Poor dog.

Quote:
2x

They told her repeatly that the dog would or may be euthoanized. She signed over. Its like buyer's remorse and there is NO guarantees if the dog would work out with another new owners. I agree, the shelters are overflowed with great pets but culled out the problematic or chronic ill dogs.

I heartily agree! Humans these days need a good dose of responsibility before it is too late.

What I think is sad is alot of Labs are like that at that age and grow out of it. Why didn't she try to find someone willing to at least give the dog a chance?She basically gave them enough information about the dog that the decision could be made in minutes.Alot of times if these dogs are rehomed to someone very active or given a job to do they excell at it. Glad the story is out so other people will think things through first maybe. I have a JRT that I rescued from the animal shelter parking lot basically, his story was about to be the same. Not the perfect dog but at least we have learned to work around it.

i agree she didnt read what was said..........but do you really think it is right to kill the dog with in 10 minutes....just because she couldnt keep the dog, i bet someone who worked with the dog and gave it some time could have had a good dog....it was still a puppy and just didnt want to be alone....i think they should ALWAYS have a waiting period before putting a dog down!...even if its just a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom