dog food problem

Johnn

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
I never realised i was running out of dog food and i only have my dogs tommorow daily feed then its all gone and i cant get away to get the same brand would it be ok to put him back on the food he had before that untill sunday?

8. No Bumping or Cross-posting topics. Bumping is posting to move a thread up on the forum list, and cross-posting is posting the same thread in several forums.​

Ten minutes isn't really enough for a good answer, be patient.

If it were me, I'd mix what food he has left of the food he is eating NOW with the other food, so he doesn't change totally, you know?

yes i know what you mean but there isntthat much food left only tommorows food

How many days will he be out, one? Go get a couple samples or small bag of another similar food (what's he on? I work in the industry, can suggest for you) and do that. If it's a day or two, return the unused portion to the store and claim your dog disliked it, ALL dog food is guaranteed. This way your not out $$.

Or just chicken and rice for a day won't hurt
smile.png

Eta: if hes extremely sensitive he will get diarrhea, otherwise nothing will happen. Again I can suggest a similar food.

Last edited:
well hell have to be off his normal dog food for a week so seven days and he is originally on iams and was on bakers before that and thats what he was going to be on for the week

I change brands all the time and it never seems to bother them, contrary to what the labels say. I also feed leftovers that would be wasted. Or do it the old fashioned way -- there was no such thing as commercial dog food before, I don't know, maybe 1940. Just feed table food and table scraps. Obviously, avoid a bunch of sugar and fat, though they will love some fat. Hopefully if they have a reaction it will only be a bit of a belly ache.

Back
Top Bottom