Dog has different facial expressions....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by sunbury chick, Nov 15, 2008.

1. sunbury chick

sunbury chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Sunbury,Ohio
    " Ruby" is a 2yr old chocolate lab.I swear she has different facial expressions...She can look sad,happy,embarrassed,and the best one,nuts!You can tell exactly what mood she's in.She doesn't need to talk,she just looks at you and you know what she's trying to say.Does anyone Else's dog do this?I'll try to post some pics,not real good at it though [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  2. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    I personally believe that with my do too![​IMG]

3. sunbury chick

May 14, 2008
    Sunbury,Ohio
    more pics of RUBY, her silly pics.She's embarrassed...Goofy look, [[​IMG]img][/img]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  4. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I completely and totally agree with you. I wonder if Labradors just have that natural ability.

Marley: (Thunder is right next to him, with Vida the Shih Tzu on the couch..and Pogo the Demon Poodle in the background. Thunder is the other lab in the house. Excuse the mess.)

[​IMG]

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:You must get the camera out a lot!! The little one in the back looks P.O.'d!!

6. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:You must get the camera out a lot!! The little one in the back looks P.O.'d!!

Which one? The black one or the white one??? LOL
    The black one is ticked because she got caught looking at the McDonald's french fries. The white one...well...he's just like that...LOL

7. glowworm

glowworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2008
    SacraTomato, CA
    There are books with hundreds of pages that are written for animal behaviorists that have a meaning for every little facial expression and body language. The ones for dogs, cat, and horses get very, very detailed!!!

8. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Dogs smile! Yes they do! My sister had a neighbor's dog who came to visit all the time, Nalha, she was the nicest dog, and she constantly had the biggest grin on her face, it was so cute!

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

My lab smiles...
    [​IMG]

He also has a look of satisfaction after rubbing his butt in the grass!
    [​IMG]

10. sunbury chick

May 14, 2008
    Sunbury,Ohio
    You all have such adorable dogs.I wish I could have indoor pets.My DH is very allergic to pet dander....A cat or dog makes a house a home.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by