dog has mites inside her

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by puppies9099, Jan 8, 2014.

1. puppies9099

puppies9099 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2013
    Classified
    i have a female great pyrenees she's had 2 litters and on the second litter someone called me saying "my dog has mites inside her it's called red mang the vet says it's from the parent." so i am trying to get rid of it with diatramaceous earth can someone give me advice please

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  2. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Amitraz is the recommended medication for this...you need a Veterinarian for the treatment, also there is need for topical creams...DE will do nothing to help the dog...

3. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    The technical term for red mange is Demodectic Mange...I suggest you look on the internet to see the extent of what needs to be done to help your dog...try www.pets.webmd.com

4. hensintheHOUse

hensintheHOUse Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2013
    NewYork
  5. puppies9099

puppies9099 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2013
    Classified
    well i have searched and i was looking for someting natural cause i dont want drugs or pills that the vet will give me like i have a cat her name is Crystal and her buddy swallowed string and died so she went into morning so the vet said her liver is not good he gave me a drug i threw it away i looked up on the internet and it said use milk thistle so i did and now she's healthy and back to normal so i really do things naturally

6. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    There are different types of mange,some more severe than others. The mange your dog has is Demodectic Mange known as Red Mange,Demodicosis is the name of the disease,yes it can be passed from mother to pups,but is not contagious to other animals or humans. Does your dog show symptoms of red mange or are you assuming she has it since one of her pups does,there is a difference.

here is a link explaining all of this.

www.dogchatforum.com/mange-dog.htm

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  7. hensintheHOUse

hensintheHOUse Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2013
    NewYork
    That is good that you figured it out! Nice to hear that your dog felt better!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by