Dog help

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by elsfieldchickens, Aug 22, 2013.

1. elsfieldchickens

elsfieldchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Im getting a female staffie in 2 weeks and was wondering when shes setteld in if staffies are okay of the lead and of the lead whith other dogs?

2. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    How old is she and are you referring to off the lead with your other dogs or other dogs in general?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  3. Fly 2006

Fly 2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Hampshire England
    Quite an odd question! Only you can know the answer, do you know the dog, where are you getting her from?

4. elsfieldchickens

She is 2 and yes other dogs in genral we are geeting her from a friend

5. Fly 2006

Fly 2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Hampshire England
    Well then the person to answer your question is your friend! If your friend assures you the dog is ok with other dogs then as you say, you will need to let the dog settle with you and you need to know you have a recall, after that then there would be no reason not to let her around other dogs

6. Sallyintucson

Sallyintucson Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2013
    I don't understand the question. Is "the lead" a leash? Before accepting the dog, I would introduce it to your other two first in a area like a park to see how they get along with each other. Muzzles are NOT a bad idea. They are not cruel, it's a matter of safety for all concerned, the dogs and the people.

7. elsfieldchickens

we only have 1 dog

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by