Dog In The Coop! omg how cute!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by aubreynoramarie, Jun 19, 2010.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    i was lounging in the backyard when i noticed one of my five week old girls roaming around in my peripheral...

i hung up the phone to investigate.

turns out my 60 lb two year old english bull terrier had figured out how to open the door to our coop. Well my girls were all hanging out around the entrance, and he was in the back eating the chicken feed. [​IMG]

i called him to the entrance and my usually good listener WOULD NOT COME. i shooed the girls into the coop and he darn near jumped through the fence! it took me a half an hour to get my dog outta the coop while keeping the chickens in because he was too terrified to go near them![​IMG][​IMG]

imagine! a terrier breaking into a chicken coop, then being too afraid of the chickens to get out!!!!

gotta love my pets![​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    Oh how cute [​IMG] Last year I had a turkey and my Border collie was too scared to come within 10 feet of her [​IMG] She was half his size. He's just a big baby I love him though [​IMG]

3. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:LOL!

the funny thing is, my dog is EXTREMELY dog aggressive, so when i saw my chick out of the pen i freaked! "nope, thats not a dog! its a terrifying feathered thing! i must run from it!" lol, he does the same thing with my kitties too. hes so funny

4. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    My dog is terrified of other dogs and apparently turkeys. Dont know about chickens. Unfourtunately he's not scared of cats...or skunks. Grr...

5. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    anyone else got dog/ chicken stories?!?! i though these were great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by