Dog injury?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Niks11, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Niks11

Niks11 New Egg

Oct 20, 2012
    I need some advice!! My little I believe cockerel is injured pretty bad! It happened this evening. His wings are hanging and I noticed that his feathers on his back right behind his neck have been pulled out. When I looked closer his skin is torn and its pretty bad. His wings are now hanging. It doesnt look like muscle and he was still walking around eating and drinking when I found him. I brought him inside and wrapped his wings up with some antibiotic cream. And wrapped it up so his wings were not hanging. Any other advice? I will go to the feed store to see what kind of medication they offer tomorrow when they open. Has this happened to anyone? He seems a little less perky but I dont know if its because its night. He is my favorite and I would hate to have him pass away over the night. It is 12:30am where I live. [​IMG]

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. Niks11

Niks11 New Egg

Oct 20, 2012
    Thank you! He didnt make it :( I feel terrible! He was the sweetest chick and always followed you around.

4. Niks11

Niks11 New Egg

Oct 20, 2012
    Thank you! He didnt make it :( I feel terrible! He was the sweetest chick and always followed you around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by