Dog kennel as duck house?

688peterl

Songster
10 Years
Oct 2, 2009
Im building my own run because they are so expensive and i want a duck house that will actually go inside the run, ive been looking at duck houses and to save some money i thought about using a dig kennel instead? the duck house does not need protection from preditors because the run will be 110% predator proof so nothing apart from me will be able to get inside the run, would a dog kennel be OK? i will need to find quite a high one because i have (or will have runner ducks)

I use a doghouse for my ducks. There is also a piece of plywood that I was going to make into a roof over their feeder. I left it leaning up against the wood wall and they actually go under that more often than into the doghouse, so I left it there for them. One duck lays in the doghouse and the other lays under the lean-to thingee. Ducks don't seem very particular, I think they would be ok in the kennel.

Quote:
is a dresser a wardrobe? im in uk i dont know what the american "translation" is lol

Quote:
is a dresser a wardrobe? im in uk i dont know what the american "translation" is lol

Here in New Zealand we call a set of bedroom drawers a dresser.

chickensducks&agoose:
i want a picture of your 'dresser', i can't imagine how your ducks live in it! condo style?

I was thinking the same thing.​

I use a little tikes playhouse. They never use it!

23932_new_pen_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom