dog kennel-*pics added*

beach livin'

Songster
8 Years
Sep 21, 2011
Manteo
so, i was feeling guilty about the girls having to stay in the run all the time
hide.gif
. so after i cleaned the house this morning, i got my work clothes on and went outside. the girls were wondering what i was doing, becasue i was making alot of noise. i managed to wrangle the old dog kennel out from under the trees in the woods and drug it to the side yard
th.gif
. as i was moving it, i found random grubs and worms, which i lovingly threw to the girls who were watching my every move from the safety of their enclosed run. the dog was trying to help by getting in the way the whole time
barnie.gif
, so i had to boot her in the butt a couple times. once i got the kennel out, i realized i needed somehting for the cover. i looked and looked and all i could find was a skinny piece of plywood and the old sheet my cat snuggles up on in the shed. i ended up using zip-ties to secure the sheet over the top, and the remaining gap is covered by the plywood. i have to admit that it is so ghetto...my husband is on the hunt for an old fishing net that i could use for the top. after i got all that done, i was on the mission to gather the girls up. as you may know, they do not like me. they run all over the place when i try to gather them up
D.gif
, so it took me a while. the last hen knew she was had no choice but to surrender, so she let me grab her. all the girls are enjoying the grass and leaves, and one of them found a snail which they all tried to steal from each other. it was an entertaining game of keep away.

Last edited:
ill go take some. im serious, it looks sooooo ghetto. my sister said, "thats real fancy livin' there!" LOL
lol.png

Last edited:
Ok here are some pics of my "oh so fancy" dog kennel that i drug out from the woods. I wasnt kidding, its ghetto looking.
107290_dog_kennel_run_002.jpg

and here are the girls enjoying it, and my dog being tortured by it
lol.png

107290_dog_kennel_run_005.jpg

why is she laying like this? maybe i causght her mid-shift?
107290_dog_kennel_run_006.jpg

and i feel this is my most mature lady. her comb is starting to form
big_smile.png

107290_dog_kennel_run_008.jpg

and this is my kid, and as close as he will get to them
cool.png

107290_dog_kennel_run_010.jpg

beach livin' :

why is she laying like this? maybe i causght her mid-shift?

She's taking a dust bath.
smile.png

And who cares if it looks ghetto, if the chickens like it!

Amy​

they seem to love it. i shifted it a little about a half hour ago to give them new pecking area so they can search for more goodies. guess when supper rolls around ill have to gather them all to put them into the run. at least there isnt a coop for me to crawl under to catch them in this thing. lol

She was laying like that because she was sun batheing.
cool.png
Chickens love it , it looks really funney when they do . My silkies sun bath all the time. They just kind of flop over. Have you ever had your back to the sun? The chickens and I think it feels good.
gig.gif
Heres Brownie sun batheing.
107523_hpim3714.jpg

I love it when they play keep away. I call it chicken basketball. When mine were chicks I would throw in an cricket and they wouldn't eat it until the others chased them.
lau.gif

Last edited:
what is you all opinion on the comb? how close do you think she is to laying? and Brownie is so fuzzy that i can hardly tell what end im looking at
gig.gif

beach livin' :

what is you all opinion on the comb? how close do you think she is to laying? and Brownie is so fuzzy that i can hardly tell what end im looking at
gig.gif

I'am pretty new to the chicken thing.
smile.png
. From the size of their bodies, I would say soonish
fl.gif
. Silkies really are funney.
lau.gif
BTW Your girls are verry cute
love.gif

so i was able to get rid of the old sheet and plywood today. we drove out to dh's friends house and picked up some old fishing net he had. it was wide enough to stretch tight over the top, and we doubled it up to account for a few holes that were made in it. i must say that the dog kennel is not as ghetto anymore
lol.png
OH, AND...as i was rounding them up to put them back into the run so we could work on the kennel, i of course had to chase them because they hate me. but as i was getting the first one, i got her up to my chest and she pooped all over my feet. i, the brilliant thinker i am, assumed it would only take me minute to round them up, and didnt need to put my boots on
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom