Dog killed my White Rock chick

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Amyh, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Amyh

Amyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    My OWN dog. I am so upset and I know it's totally my own fault for getting distracted and not keeping an eye on her. I am so upset!!!!!

2. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so sorry for you! It's so hard to keep your eyes on everything when you have new chicks - don't blame yourself. Or the dog. Maybe you can come up with a system that will help prevent it from happening again. I know it must be hard to let it go, though, so [​IMG]

3. shortstaque

shortstaque Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Bucks County, PA
    [​IMG] Aww! I'm so sorry. They were all just doing what comes naturally if you think about it, so don't beat yourself up. Just learn from your mistake and keep the predator (now that it has a taste for chicken) and prey separate. Sorry it happened, but at least it was your own chicken. My sister's two dogs ganged up and killed a guinea hen at a friends house. She felt terrible! The nicest dogs can turn into wild animals around chickens. [​IMG]

4. ginnyj

ginnyj Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2011
    Central Florida
    So sorry to hear that. One of my biggest concerns with my new chicks is my dogs. My 14 year old weimaraner tried to get my chicks through the fence today. She is fixated on them. Again really sorry!

Ginny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by