Dog killed two of my cutest/sweetest chickens :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a similar situation now. I don't want to shoot my neighbors dog, but I caught it today trying to get under the field fence we put in so we could continue to free range my girls. I was chasing her dog and she didn't even come outside to get it, and when I yelled for her to come get her she yelled back eff you. I didn't want to shoot the stupid dog in front of my small daughter so I called animal control again, they issued another ticket and we have to go back to court again. With the lack of respect and the track record the dog has (4 attacks with 4 chickens under its belt between a neighbor and me) it will never stop, it just needs to go away. I'm sorry for your loss Hun. Do what you can to make your girls safe but also don't be afraid to do what you need to to protect your chickens. My gun will be ready next time.

The electric wire you can run around the bottom of your fence, plus the smallest shock box, are abourt $30.00 at TCS, which is much cheaper than Lowe's. I used 2' sections PVC pipe pounded into the ground to wrap the wire around 6" above the ground and about 6" out from the fence. Many dogs can sail over a four or five foot fence, so I'm planning to put a couple rows of wire on top of my fence too, using PVC pipe to extend my fence posts upward. It's heartbreaking to lose any animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom