Dog letting out clear liquid?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by sunny & the 5 egg layers, Jul 20, 2011.

1. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    My 1 year old border collie Zoey has been dripping this clear liquid. For example, she will be laying down on the floor and when she gets up there will be a puddle where she had layed. I dont think it is pee since it isn't yellow and doesnt smell like pee. She is fixed. What do you think this is? Is there anything I can do for her?
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    A trip to the vet sounds in order.

3. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Sounds like a urinary tract infection. My yorkie poo of 10 years has these every couple years and that's exactly what happens. You need to get her to vet ASAP. Good luck!!!

4. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Many spayed females become incontinent. This is probably what you are seeing. The vet can prescribe a great product called Proin that controls this. Poor girl probably doesn't even realize she is doing it.

HTH

Rusty

5. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Quote:I would see a vet. However, "many" females becoming incontinent has not been my experience at the animal hospital I worked at. Hope it's nothing serious - she's so young! [​IMG]

6. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Quote:I would see a vet. However, "many" females becoming incontinent has not been my experience at the animal hospital I worked at. Hope it's nothing serious - she's so young! [​IMG]

I guess it is just my luck then, because every female I've had spayed has become incontinent. GSDs and Dobies, oh and a Collie, too.

Rusty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by