Dog limp, need vet advice please

tizabel_

Songster
Apr 28, 2020
North Central Washington
We live in a small town and our vet is closed and is expensive, also our dog Ollie is extremely scared of strangers so we try limit bad experiences as much as possible.
He’s been home alone with my dad all day and my dad says that he didn’t notice until I pointed it out. There’s no way they it happened right when I got home considering how swollen it is, but dad says that he’s been fine and just laying on the couch all day. Im really worried, something like this happened once before but he just jumped off the couch weirdly and tweaked it, it was better within an hour and it didn’t look swollen at all.
Could it just be a bee sting? He barely puts any weight on it when standing and when walking he hops on three legs. It feels warm to the touch and he kind of snapped at me when I just barely felt it. Please help.

How do I add a video?

Attachments

• F293496F-DC3F-407F-8DEF-8933B6F7E60C.jpeg
    F293496F-DC3F-407F-8DEF-8933B6F7E60C.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 8
We live in a small town and our vet is closed and is expensive, also our dog Ollie is extremely scared of strangers so we try limit bad experiences as much as possible.
He’s been home alone with my dad all day and my dad says that he didn’t notice until I pointed it out. There’s no way they it happened right when I got home considering how swollen it is, but dad says that he’s been fine and just laying on the couch all day. Im really worried, something like this happened once before but he just jumped off the couch weirdly and tweaked it, it was better within an hour and it didn’t look swollen at all.
Could it just be a bee sting? He barely puts any weight on it when standing and when walking he hops on three legs. It feels warm to the touch and he kind of snapped at me when I just barely felt it. Please help.

How do I add a video?
Unfortunately there are no veterinarians on this forum (that I know of) and even if there were, they cannot give you a proper diagnosis over the internet.

Please take your dog to a vet or emergency vet. He's likely in a lot of pain if he won't even let you touch it. Hope he feels better soon.

Back
Top Bottom