1. Johndale

Johndale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    im wanting to build a chicken pen out of a dog wire house got any pics

2. Stephanie-n-Hayden

Stephanie-n-Hayden Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    I don't have any pics available - I am not on my home computer right now. But we have done this and it works quite well. We built an 8x8 coop using plywood and 2x4's.
    Built it off the ground a couple of inches with a floor base so that preditors could not get in. It had a window and pop door which led out into the "chicken yard". We attached a fenced 10x10 dog run to the side of the coop for the chickens to stay in when they weren't free ranging. To keep them protected from preditors, we wrapped the entire fenced in run with chicken wire and enclosed the top using the chicken wire as well. We have since then added a divider wall through the middle of the coop, added another window and pop door that leads out into another separate yard on the other side of the coop. This allows us space for two sets of birds. The dog run was given to us and it has come in very handy for the chickens.

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Lots of us have then. Do a search for Denali. He's got a great set up

4. Sc00ter4900

Sc00ter4900 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I put a dog kennle up around my lean tube. works great. Not sure if thats what your looking for?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ill be doing another coop soon, Scotty

5. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by