Dog.....Rooster...Run! Must read!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Hen is cute!, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Hen is cute!

Hen is cute! Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2010
    [​IMG] I'm twelve & my 4 chickens were attacked by a coon or two in their coop this summer when I was on vacation, and I lost Harriet & Henry.
    Ever since then, my rooster hasn't liked to be picked up, and runs away when I have to put him back In the coop, so I have to have my 4 month old pup help me chase him back into it.
    My pup's name is Smokey.
    Anyway, when my rooster is out, smokey chases him until he makes him mad.
    Then, Rupert (Rooster = Rupert ) chases smokey whenever he passes him, and jumps on his back. [​IMG] My poor little german shepherd boy! Run, smokey, run! Run! Run! Run! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Smokey still hasn't learned his lesson.[​IMG]

~ Hen is cute! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  2. Siler

Siler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2010
    Central Indiana
    When it starts to get dark everyone will go back in on their own out of self preservation. The rooster will always follow the hens. Just let them go in on their own and pay attention to the time so you know the following day when to go out, count everyone, and lock up the door. That's what I've done from the beginning and it works like a charm. They will fight you otherwise and you want them to trust you. [​IMG]

3. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    lol, too cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by