Dog sitting when the dog broke!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by mommyofthreewithchicks, Nov 10, 2011.

1. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    So this dog is my friend's baby. Seriously gets treated better than my kids. He is older 13 or 14 and joy of joys she trusts me to take care of him... Today he broke his leg on my watch. I let him outside in the dog run and left for the store, when I came back he had a broken leg.

I feel terrible but brought him to a vet who has been willing to cast the leg but the dog now gets to spend months in the cast. What a terrible day!

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] It was an accident, I'm sure your friend will understand. Its just hard when you are taking care of him for her for this to happen.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Aww, dont feel bad. You brough thim to the vet for care...thats all you can do. Your friend will understand.. [​IMG]

4. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    What a hard situation you are facing now. It sounds like an accident, so don't blame yourself, it is out of your control entirely. Surely your friends will see it that way as well. I was pet sitting one time for a friend of mine, and came down to the house to find their dog had died. I had to tell the owners, (who were in the middle of Disneyworld), and then undertake burying the remains. It was a rottweiler, that was a chore! The owner knew I had done nothing wrong, and didn't fault me in the least. It's still hard though. You did the right thing, taking the dog to the vet. And look at it this way, at least you were there, and could get the dog help when he needed it. [​IMG]

5. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    sorry, double post

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by