Dog to be euthanized UPDATE: Euthanasia went BAD (pg 3)

heatherindeskies

Songster
9 Years
May 23, 2010
SE Minnesota
I gotta put down the 14 year old lab mix on Tuesday. I'm just dreading it, but it is best. she cannot even get through a (canned meat only now-a-days) meal without her hips and then legs giving out.
I just dread the emotions i am going to feel at the vets.

Last edited:
hugs.gif

I know how you are feeling. But, Just think of how much happiness you have brought to her life. She knows how much you love her and you are going to euthanize her so she dosent feel anymore pain. You are doing this for her. Just remember that.

I'm sorry you are going through this..
the decision is not an easy one to make but we do it because we love them. They have given you a great life and you returned the favor. Bless you and your dog.
hugs.gif

I am so sorry, I've had to do that before. If you can, have somebody there for you. I made Maggies last night special, (I"m crying as I type and it was 3 years ago) took photos of all of us with her. Have your burial arrangments planned out so you dont have to make emotional decisions. Call ahead and ask if they do a paw print keep sake - if not head out to Hobby Lobby or Walmart and get a baby handprint cast kit - I'm so glad we have her paw print (didnt get one for her daughter and I wish I had). You are doing the best, it is an act of love to do it - no if ands or buts! Sit with your baby and pet her and talk to her . Its quick and painless for her and a great act of mercy.

I am so sorry you have to do this...
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom