Dog Treats!!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by luvinmychickens, Dec 13, 2011.

1. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Who makes dog treats??? I do! It's fun. It's like making cookies. [​IMG] Soon I'll be selliing them. [​IMG]

2. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    I have a liver treat recipe that I make for the dogs. They love them, but DH cannot stand the smell of liver so I can only make them when he'll be gone for a short while.

3. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:Ahh... Today I am making them with ground beef, cottage cheese, chicken broth, and a few other ingredients. [​IMG]

4. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    I just froze 1/2 a batch of liver and rice that I made for the dogs. I top the dogs food with it at mealtime.

My Irish Setter is one of those nibblers, he will self-regulate food and just grab a bite every now and then when he gets hungry if it is left out.
    However, my lab has proven herself as a gorger, and will eat till she pukes and then eat more. Then while you are locking away the food, she will rush around and eat all her little piles of puked food. Gross![​IMG]

Therefore, to keep my lab from exploding, I have to feed them twice a day and then lock away the food. The setters get topping on their food to get them to eat it all right away so the lab doesn't get it.

5. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    I might look into a liver recipe... Wait... I have one, I just need to get the stuf for it. [​IMG]

Same here! I had a samoyed... She was a nibbler. just at whenever hungry to we left the food out all day and night. Then I got a Weim.... She would eat until she puked also. She would not want to stop eating. If we let her, she would eat a thirty pound bag of food! So the Samoyed would eat her food quickly so the Weim wouldn't eat it on her. So in the morning we gave them their certain amount of food, and at night also. [​IMG]

Btw, I'll post the link to my family dog treat selling business website. [​IMG] It woould be great for you to buy some!! but we need to finish the site first. [​IMG]

6. onlyme8

onlyme8 Chillin' With My Peeps

I like making dog treats, too! I think it's fun and my dog, Buddy, loves them! [​IMG]

7. tamsflock

tamsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Will you share the liver treat recipe [​IMG]

8. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Yes, please, share any and all doggie treat recipes!

I think it would be a great way to use the innards of processed chicken... the liver/gizzard/heart that I don't eat. My dog would love that, and it would be a lot better for her.

9. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:Using the liver is very popular! I'll pull up some recipes. [​IMG]

10. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:Cool! my dog, Bailey, loves them also! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by