1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dog walking....or not

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Godsgrl, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Today I was taking ds to school, and we were stopped at a stop sign. I noticed a medium sized brown dog, maybe shepherd mix, wearing a harness and dragging a long leash. He had a bit of a limp, and looked as if he'd be a dream to walk. (Not because of his limp, but that he was older, and wouldn't pull like my pup). Behind him a distance was an older woman, walking along, but she wasn't holding the dog's leash. The dog crossed the busy road, and was almost hit by a big work truck.

In fact, I shoved my son's head away because I was sure the dog was done for. Somehow the dog made it across unscathed, but I don't know how. The truck must have swerved or something. The lady crosses the road, in absolutely no hurry. The dog stops on the sidewalk, and the lady casually ambles over and picks up his leash, and continues walking. Seriously? [​IMG] You're going to let your dog walk across the road, and almost get hit, THEN pick up his leash once you're on the sidewalk? I just don't know about some people, I just don't know.... [​IMG]

2. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    that's probably how he got the limp in the first place.

3. bluere11e

bluere11e Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2011
    West Palm Beach
    Not the brightest light bulb on the tree, wouldn't you say?

4. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Yep, just this week put a post here on random ramblings about how i hit a dog with my car in almost the same circumstance.

[​IMG]

5. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:Yeah, probably so. [​IMG] Poor guy, he looked so sweet.

6. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:so very true. [​IMG]

7. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:I'm sorry. [​IMG] I don't get it though. Why go to all the trouble to put on the harness and leash, then not use it? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by