1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

dog walking

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gottaloveanimal, Jun 6, 2016.

1. gottaloveanimal

gottaloveanimal Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2016
    orange CA
    ok so i'm yong (11-13) and i want to urn money so i can buy a PS4 and things for my dogs and horses and i live in orange CA so how much should i charge to walk a dog for half an hour so yeah i'm young but for my age i would say i'm a 8 out of 10 of knowing about dogs and i do have a phone so i will be safe but how much would you pay a 11-13 year old to walk your dog i'm thinking
    $5 for 15 minutes or $10 for 30 minutes or $15 for 45 minutes or $20 for an hour per dog and for me the average house is worth is worth ​
    about 1.7 million so i feel like my price is reasonable and i have a large 80 pound german shepherd and i have had her since i was 8 and i was small back then and i could handle her and now she know 10+ tricks and i am getting her over her fears even with the fact that we weigh the same but even if i'm not very strong i'm good at generating strength and i have 3 other small dogs and i have 2 horses and i'm fine with them when there scared of something or just want to run and rear but i stay on then calm them down then keep going

what should i charge to walk dogs if i'm young and should i charge more for bigger or harder dogs to walk?

thanks for the help!​

2. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    I would recommend meeting the dogs before you decide to walk them. You can never be sure how some people's dog will act.
    I would charge on how well they are trained, and possibly their size also.
    If I lived in town I would pay someone more to walk my 105 pound 1/2 Great Pyrenees, 1/4 border collie, 1/4 Australian Shepard, then I would to walk a little dog.

and even though you say you can handle a "big dog" doesn't mean you can handle an even bigger one. or a smaller one that is not trained as well

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  3. BruceAZ

BruceAZ Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2016
    Valley of the Sun :)
    i meant no offense by this

but as a dog owner i would not let a 11-13 year old walk my dog

since there's a lease law and liability issue i have to worry about

you could try something else.. wash your family cars, help out with various things, etc. $5 each time will add up

as for the ps4.. instead of trying to reach the price of the system at the moment

the system probably will drop to $300 this holiday season.. given that microsoft dropped the price of their xbox one to $300 already.. some said a temporary price drop.. but with their numbers behind sony (console sold) i would that that's a permanent price drop..

so $300 for a PS4 is only the matter of time..

i'm also planning to buy some electronics this black friday.. ps4, psvita, games, phones, laptops, etc.. black friday is day where i'll haul these things

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with Bruce. What if the dog runs away and you can't catch him? What if dogs running loose attack the dog you are walking? It it's a handsome in demand breed, there are people that grab them and run off - you couldn't stop them.

I used to have show dogs and I never walked them outside of our fenced area. My dogs were well trained but, the neighbors dogs usually running loose were not. I would not have jeopardized their lives for anything. My dogs were my children, and irreplaceable to me.

Incidentally I am very short & petite - no one would have trusted me to walk their dogs, I'm sure.

5. BruceAZ

May 18, 2016
    if the person is old enough then i don't mind

you would be fine with my dog

[​IMG]

6. gottaloveanimal

Jan 14, 2016
    orange CA
    ok well i could always bring pepper spray and a police baton and how old would i have to be for people to trust me with there dogs oh and BTW i do taekwondo and i am gonna be a 1st dan black belt in july and my dad will come with me the first few times but sure i guess i could charge for the size and how much training they have and do you think if i train them to walk a little better on the leash i could lower the price so i wold not be charging for the training of the dog but more like they will be paying more so i can train the dog to walk a bit better on leash

btw thanks for all the help[​IMG]

7. BruceAZ

May 18, 2016
    maybe good friends of your family or relatives will allow it..

but i don't think strangers will

just find something else to do

it's possible to make money when you are 11-13.. just have to find things that are more suitable for your age..

8. gottaloveanimal

Jan 14, 2016
    orange CA
    ok well i do make organic homemade recipe dog treats so i could sell those at my horse shows and at parks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by