Doggie Wants to Share Her Brewers Yeast with Garlic with the Chickens and Ducks?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by kellypepperk, Jan 26, 2013.

1. kellypepperk

kellypepperk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2012
    Delaware County, NY
    Hiya! I have been trying to find an answer to this for 2 days and now I have to go get some other things done, so I was hoping someone could help me. We have a bottle of NutriVet Brewers Yeast (flavored with garlic / for dogs) that we got for our poch at Tractor Supply. I would like to be able to share these with the ducks and chickens, but can't seem to find proper dosing / frequency. At this point both the ducks and the chickens free range during the day are have free access to layer crumble/cracked corn mixture. It is cold here so we've upped the corn %. They also get plenty of goodies and treats and ACV twice a week. There does not seem to be any health issues at this time. So, what do you think?

[​IMG]

2. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC
    Is there a reason to give this to the chickens? If it is just a treat, you could put some out and see if they eat it or not.

Chris

3. kellypepperk

kellypepperk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2012
    Delaware County, NY
    I'm not thinking of using it just as a "treat" but more for the beneficial properties...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by