Dogs and lumps

AussieGirl

Songster
8 Years
Nov 24, 2011
Well unfortunately today I found a large bump on the back of my Great Pyrenees's head. We went in to see the doc and had some tests run and some xrays. We still don't know what it is exactly and we are going to have a biopsy done on him tommrow and I hope its nothing cancerous. Anyone else had this done on their dog?

I've never had it done, but I've found plenty of lumps and bumps on my dogs before.

My old Lab used to get them all the time (Labs seem pron to lumps) his would pop and ooze pus eventually. Besides that, he was perfectly fine, passed away from unrelated issues.

My current lab has a big lump near her tuck-up right now. I can squeeze it and it doesn't bother her.
I think some breeds just get lumps more than others. Whether lumps are a huge reason for concern all the time or not, I don't know.
hu.gif

Hope your guys okay.

yeah find them all the time big lumps on my dogs cysts, look like tumors but they are harmless the doctor should know though, they drain slowly and reappear. Never pop or mess with them. The more you screw with them the more they appear and wont go away.

Last edited:
Well the biopsy is done and its definitely not a cyst or abscess. There sending a sample in and I won't know the results till wedsnday.

We have a 12 yr old lab/hound cross that has been lumpy since we got him when he was a year and a half old. His haven't gone away, but they haven't killed him either. Had a vet a couple of years ago swear he had cancer, but it still hasn't killed him and he acts like the same dip as he did then, just a little slower, but he is 12 remember. I don't this guy's lumps are what is going to kill him, but won't say that is true in all cases.

Well I had to take my other dog to the vet as well today. This morning she had been acting weird and come to find out she had a seizure. The vet says she might have Epilepsy and we had bloodwork sent in and we won't find out till tommorow. I really really need a drink this weekend just plain stinks

When did you give your dog that you suspect had a seizure her last shots, and how long between from the shots before?
What kind of dog is it and how old?

When did you give your dog that you suspect had a seizure her last shots, and how long between from the shots before?
What kind of dog is it and how old?

Id say at least six months but Id have to check her records. Shes a Australian Shepherd and shes 3yrs old. The biopsy came back for my big dog with the lump and its a tumour unfortunately. :( However they don't know if its maligned or not. Our vet just recommended we just keep him comfortable though they did say he could still have quite a few years ahead of him being 10 years old.

Please read this thread on shots
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/657543/dogs-with-seizures-and-vaccinations
Shots of distemper and parvo last 9 years to life after the 1 yr shot.
Dogs are having so many health problems it is unreal all due to unnecessary shots and killing their immune systems.
http://truth4pets.org/2012/06/titer-testing/
The cocktail shot is horrible. Distemper and Parvo and Rabies is the only shots that are effective and they are good for 9 years to life on most dogs. All other shots either do not work or only work for a few months. Most are not even needed and not the strain that is valid, but so many people feel pressured to get them by their Vet or Groomer or Boarding facility. Time to stand up for your dog and quit this insanity.
After reading this you'll not want to do combo shots ever again.
Most people, just like the one in the thread above, only wish they had knows this earlier.
http://www.dogs4dogs.com/blog/2009/04/22/no-unnecessary-dog-shots/

Back
Top Bottom