DOGS ARE DISGUSTING. Warning, GROSS!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by sixlittlechicks09, Aug 15, 2010.

1. sixlittlechicks09

sixlittlechicks09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Now before I get the angry posts a-flying, let it be known I have two BEAUTIFUL dogs [​IMG] One lazy, fat and old beagle that is simply the light of my life and one ugly, stupid boston terrier who never fails to wake me with kisses.
    Now on to my story!
    So today, I was putting an egg door in the coop and decided, much to the chagrin of my beagle Sadie, to take my mom's boston Tobi with me. So I'm putzing around the coop and I hear squealing. I look outside and Tobi has caught, killed and began consuming a mole! [​IMG] Whatever, dogs will be dogs, so I went back to my work. Then he jumps in to coop and starts LICKING UP THE CHICKEN POO! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I immediately scoffed at him and told him to knock it off to which he gave me a stink eye my ladies would be proud of and skulked off. Around this time my Mom came home from work and let our beagle out to play. She comes running down and OF COURSE finds the only dead thing in the yard, a baby bird that came from somewere? (somtimes the crows steal them and drop them [​IMG] so sad) and starts ROLLING in it. Ugh, so that draws Tobi's interest and he promptly runs over and gulps down the poor little dead bird. Then they both come rest under the peach tree to watch me finish the door. Finally before we come into the house, Tobi finds some cat poo, eats it, throws EVERYTHING he's eaten up, then EATS IT AGAIN. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Ugh. I don't get why people say my chickens are dirty, but let dogs jump on them and lick their faces. As I type Tobi is laying next to me on the couch, giving me the saddest eyes because I told him he stunk and needed to get away from me. [​IMG] [​IMG] Well there. I love my dogs but sometimes they are just DISGUSTING. *pointless story over*

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    You let these dogs "kiss" you knowing where their mouths have been? UGGH----[​IMG]

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

ah but see, I appreciate dogs for it. I can sometimes convince them to clean up messes that I don't want to deal with!! [​IMG]

You just gotta figure out how to make things work in your favor [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Who says dogs are finicky eaters? Just offer them some thing dead or excreted!

5. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    I'd like to punch the dude who first said that dogs' mouths are cleaner than humans'. Do they brush their dogs teeth?

6. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Quote:Ha! No! That's the thing. My dearest mother thinks it's funny to yell "Come on pups! Wake liz up for work!" and open the door to my room. They then run in, nasty tongues lolling, and jump on me and my face. They slobber, lick and drool on me until I'm coherent enough realize how GROSS they are and shove them off.

HAHA! And true Tala. I don't know how many times I'd spill something in the dorm and go "here pup" only to realize I was going to have to clean it up myself. [​IMG]

7. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    [​IMG] You don;t even what to hear what I had to clean up off my carpet last winter!

8. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Chicken poo..... [​IMG] I believe the correct term is [​IMG] Chicken cookies. My Boston Terrier looks forward to getting any remaining Chicken cookies off of the bottom of my boots after feed time. [​IMG]

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

A dog was walking through the park. He saw a park bench that had a sign that read "WET PAINT"........so he did.

That was the dirtiest joke my dad ever told. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2010
  10. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Quote:[​IMG] Lol Must be a boston thing!!! Gross little beasts anyway.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by