Dogs at Large ...... sigh............

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Boyd, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    the folks from a coupla doors down had some folks and family out for a sunday night get together. Its dark so I couldn't see who it was but I heard the commotion through my headphones and ran outside to see what was happening.

Some sort of fluffy ankle biter dog ran into our yard and tried attacking Beast the wonder mutt. He's usually great with strange dogs as long as they aren't aggressive. By the time I got out there he had it by the throat and was trying to do the death shake. He saw me, dropped the dog and walked to me with his tail between his legs. Of course this little boxer/pit/shephard mix was on his 70' run, and the ankle biter wasn't restrained at all. The stupe who came out to get the dog (IN OUR YARD NO LESS) got near my dog and carried the other off.

I called out to her if she was ok. She said, my dog is little, your's isn't hurt........ well DUH! She told me that her dog had a napoleon complex.... well then that explains why my dog attacked. I pointed the way to her car and she left.

Some people need more sense. I was 20 minutes away from letting him in for the night, and when I heard the dog fight I ran out... lucky I saw her last second in the dark cuz that fluffball was in my sights dead on. .45 is the final step to a bad dog fight on my property.

Will people ever learn?

2. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Nope. I'd have let him finish the job. [​IMG] She should have been grateful that you saved her little mop!

My dogs have become quite territorial about our yard and I encourage it. They don't threaten people but they sure do put the flight to any unattended dogs.

3. Luna_Chick66

Luna_Chick66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    NE Pennsylvania
    I have stupid neighbors, too.

My husband was walking our female Leonberger up in OUR field (with a leash) and the neighbors dog came running over (LOOSE) and my dog snapped at her. My neighbors are jackasses.

[​IMG]

4. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Never under estimate the stupidity of people!

5. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    Quote:oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You have a Leonburger.... sigh.....

6. ohiofarmgirl

ohiofarmgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    She told me that her dog had a napoleon complex.... well then that explains why my dog attacked. I pointed the way to her car and she left.

i love it when people assign human emotional issues to dogs. well golly. i guess they wont be back anytime soon?

and no some people wont learn. apparently the world revolves around them in a tight little orbit and we are all to make way. WHATever.​

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Hmmm how about wonder mutt and coco team up to smack annoying purse dogs everywhere? [​IMG]

8. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:I want to see your leonberger

9. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    This summer my hubby and fil were walking our dogs (a GSP and a Bluetick Coonhound). Some lady had a Baglet (beagle/bassett) on one of those leashes that automatically rolls up like a tape measure. The dog pulled off of it and charged our girls. My fil kept the hound back by spinning in circles and my pointer pinned it down and growled at it like there was no tomorrow. The lady comes and gets her dog, doesn't apologize, puts it back on the leash, two seconds later the dog breaks loose and comes charging again. Yup my girl pinned her down. Lady gets her dog again and still no apology.

The city ordinance is changing to add that the restraint must be able to contain the dog.

10. Luna_Chick66

Luna_Chick66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    NE Pennsylvania
    Quote:oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You have a Leonburger.... sigh.....

I have 2 of them. Brother and sister from seperate litters:

Meet Rupert & Missy (and they are like night and day):
    [​IMG]

Rupert is 9 and Missy is 6 years old. I love them both.. they are great dogs.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by