Dogs COVERED in Skunk spray.... NASTY!!!!!

midwestmilkmaiden

Songster
11 Years
Jun 19, 2008
woke up to my husband's voice saying, "HOney, Honey, wake up... you're not going to like this.. but, I took the dogs for a walk and they killed a .... SKUNK! .. what are you going to do???"
barnie.gif
Hmmmm.. Good morning , indeed!
hmm.png

Just got out of the scrubbing tub.. with a mix of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dawn... still STANKIN'!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Welll.. definitely not how I planned to spend my Saturday.. scrubbing dogs that smell like Rotten Pukey Garlic.. seriously freshly sprayed skunk is nothing like skunk you smell passing it on the side of the road!.. that smells like lilacs in the summerbreeze compared to what I just scrubbed out of my dogs!!!!

Again...

sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

I got something called skunk off (the spray, not the shampoo) from the vet's office that I use after I wash them with the peroxide mixture. Really helped take the last of the smell away.

i think there was another thread about this recently and the person who posted it said they managed to get it off and said how, so you might want to check that.

Toothpaste. Just dealt with a skunky maggie dog last Sunday night and we didn't have any peroxide to make that mix.

we did follow the toothpaste with ground up oranges (before rinsing) for good measure.

wait a minute - HE took the dogs out and let them get into a stink with a skunk... why was he asking you what YOU were going to do about it?

he let them get stinky, he should have dealt with it

Mojo Chick'n :

Been there, more than once - I can sympathize.

I use the peroxide/baking soda/dish detergent, also. There is always that lingering waft of skunk, though....
sickbyc.gif

meri

That's what I use. SPray some Febreze or Lysol spray for a few days and rewash the dog in tomato juice then.

My dad's dog got sprayed by a skunk on Dec. 23rd, the day before our family's big get together. He and I doused all the carpeting wih baking soda, let it sit overnight and vacuumed it up. Poor Lady had to spend the night in the garage.​

Back
Top Bottom