Dogs Dogs Dogs. Pictures!

fushalilly

Songster
11 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Some people say that you can never trust a dog with chickens unattended. Its true, they are natural predators. But when you have a dog slightly larger than the egg that comes from you hens butt, I'd say its safe ;]

chickensguitar005.jpg

CopyofPICT0269.jpg

Post Pictures of your dogs and chickens together!

Last edited:
Its so cool that you guys know what breed they are! I cant even get people around here to know what they are. You know how many times I get "IS THAT A LONG HAIRED CHIHUAHUA!?"

Our chickens are kept separate from our dogs now, but before the chickens had their own run, they did roam with the one dog we had at the time. The chickens even napped (and occasionally pooed), on the dog!
2008_0424chicks0002.jpg

Not a great picture, but I had put out a bowl of raisin bran and we had chickens, goats, and dogs all eating from the bowl at the same time. My camera's delay kept me from getting the great shot of it though.
DSCF0001-1.jpg

Quote:
Thanks! The dog is a german shepherd/beagle/some other stuff... a mutt! He's a great dog though, wonderful temperment. The goats and chickens did just fine together (we no longer have the goats
sad.png
). The chickens had their own food where the goats couldn't get it, but not for lack of trying. We could never leave the coop doors open at all or the goats would be in there in a flash scooping up as much chicken food as possible! They sure were curious about each other though...

New batch of chicks meeting one of the goats for the first time:
DSCF0005a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom