Dogs got one of my favorite hens :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sham30, Nov 8, 2011.

1. sham30

sham30 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2009
    Maine
    dam dogs got ahold of one of my fav. girls - I had just gotten her over impacted crop and the dogs got her! I wanted to try to save her but she had a twisted broken wing, 6 holes and a piece of missing skin [​IMG] I am still so mad and sad - one of my dogs really looked like he was enjoying it [​IMG] I have no idea if I can trust this dog again!

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    All the evidence is pointing to the contrary. I wouldn't trust that dog within 10 feet of a live bird.

Sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose one, but infinitely harder to lose one that you have worked so hard to save.

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Ooohhh. Make sure you punish that dog. Maybe even get rid of him.
    Sorry if that's a little harsh, but killers make me mad!! [​IMG]

4. sham30

sham30 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:I'm for getting rid of him, my birds are very important to me and he just had this sick crazy eyed look on his face, kind of scared me. My poor squeak just laying there looking up at me, I cried like a baby. Did the right thing by putting her down but I had spent two weeks working on her and she had just gone back out to the barn. She was not even a layer, she had stopped last year but was the coolest hen, followed me all the time.
    [​IMG]

5. RoosterRidge

RoosterRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Dry Fork, Va.
    [​IMG] So sorry [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by