Dogs!! GRRRRR!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Lifetime chicken lover, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Lifetime chicken lover

Lifetime chicken lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2009
    Rogers, MN
    So my mom (who lives next door), just brought home one of my Austrolorps alive but scared after being carried through the woods by her dog. When I brought her back to her flock, I realized that 2 more chickens are missing.
    I just spent the last 2 hours wandering the mosquito-plagued woods for my girls to no avail.
    Then, when I got home, my wonderful (previously nice chicken friend- loved to sit near the chickens peacefully) cat, Cosmo started chasing the chickens around the yard! darn dog taught him that this is a fun new activity.

I'm sorry, I don't have a question. I just wanted to rant for a minute. Thanks for listening!

2. Lifetime chicken lover

Lifetime chicken lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2009
    Rogers, MN
    update:
    Chickens came home unscathed. And from now on I will only allow supervised free-ranging.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

So, as I understand it, your mom's dog is a bird dog? Carried the chicken home without harming it? Wow.

I do understand your frustration and your decision to free range with supervision.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by