Dogs killed my girls

Dawnann67

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2016
Hello, 3 weeks ago 2 neighborhood dogs scaled my fence and killed all 9 of my 1 year old laying girls. Now I'm supposed to put a price on them for the owner to compensate me. I have no idea what to say they were worth. These girls were my babies and would come to me when called. Any help would be appreciated. I'm heart broken.

The value of a one year-old laying hen is about fifteen dollars, if you got them from a hatchery and they weren't labelled "rare."

I am sorry for your loss.

Welcome to BYC. Wish it was under better circumstances.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I can not imagine how awful that would be.

I looked in a catalog and they had started chicken pellets that are between 15-22 weeks of age starting at $22.99 - $27.49. This does not count shipping.

check With other hatcheries and see what they sell for and it will give you an idea.

There is no way to put a price on the pets and how they came to you. Pets are priceless.

I'm so sorry for your lost, that's absolutely heartbreaking. I recently lost 3 hens, but I could never imagine losing all of them. I'm so sorry. Are the dogs owned by anyone, and if so, is there any way to locate the owners?

Back
Top Bottom