Dogs or cats or chickens or other?

chickenlover007

Songster
Sep 21, 2020
washington
Oh this is a tough one!!!
A tie for dogs and chickens.
I love all animals and they seem to always come toward me especially cats... it is like they know I am severely allergic to them. All animals make life wonderful!
I love that you are an everything person! I am more of a dog person myself, but there are few animals I don't love. Especially chickens, they are halarious 😁

CluckerFamily

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Feb 14, 2016
Wisconsin
I love that you are an everything person! I am more of a dog person myself, but there are few animals I don't love. Especially chickens, they are halarious 😁
Chickens are pure entertainment! The each have their own personality! You know you are definitely a chicken person when you talk to your chickens and usually talk to them before anyone else in the household.

oldhen2345

Crowing
Jun 22, 2015
East Texas
Well, dogs are family, chickens are entertainment and joy. I also have two aquariums and a button quail. The dogs are rescues- Penny is black and almost 10 yrs old, Jasper is brown and 9. Penny loves scaring the chickens, Jasper thinks he is one. The button quails are Skeeter (the dark one) and Ivy. Skeeter died last year I think he boinked up too hard and broke his neck-, and Ivy is almost 3 yrs old and still laying eggs. The chickens are Aunt Boo and Freida- now they both have fowl pox but it is the dry kind and they are doing fine. Missy is the Mottled BO and is 5 yrs old. She is the character of the group- she absolutely vibrates her whole self when she is fussing. Margaret, the BCM, is 2 yrs old and special needs- she has a blind eye and crossbeak, but is doing great and lays eggs, but about half of them are really, really bloody, so I have to throw them out. Genetic issues?? Who knows. I have some chicklets, picture is at 4 wks old, but they are 6 weeks old now. Three are Lakeshore Eggers (Abigail, Bonnie and Deb) and one White Austra (Lily). They are really cute, but I think one is a rooster, but too early to tell. I love all my pets.

Attachments

chickenlover007

Songster
Sep 21, 2020
washington
Well, dogs are family, chickens are entertainment and joy. I also have two aquariums and a button quail. The dogs are rescues- Penny is black and almost 10 yrs old, Jasper is brown and 9. Penny loves scaring the chickens, Jasper thinks he is one. The button quails are Skeeter (the dark one) and Ivy. Skeeter died last year I think he boinked up too hard and broke his neck-, and Ivy is almost 3 yrs old and still laying eggs. The chickens are Aunt Boo and Freida- now they both have fowl pox but it is the dry kind and they are doing fine. Missy is the Mottled BO and is 5 yrs old. She is the character of the group- she absolutely vibrates her whole self when she is fussing. Margaret, the BCM, is 2 yrs old and special needs- she has a blind eye and crossbeak, but is doing great and lays eggs, but about half of them are really, really bloody, so I have to throw them out. Genetic issues?? Who knows. I have some chicklets, picture is at 4 wks old, but they are 6 weeks old now. Three are Lakeshore Eggers (Abigail, Bonnie and Deb) and one White Austra (Lily). They are really cute, but I think one is a rooster, but too early to tell. I love all my pets.
This made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing, and the pictures are adorable! Your dogs in sweaters are the cutest things ever 😁

MIgardengal

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2020
Way UP north MI
💕💕All of the above 💕💕 we are in our 30s and have no kids so our pets are. We have

1 female collie pup Nova (our Aussie passed during the pandemic)
3 indoor cats
6 chickens (buff orph, barred rock, silver laced Wyandotte, and EEs)

They are our little “family”. And are all spoiled rotten!

Attachments

Top Bottom