Dogs Prayer... For Mime ( kinda long post sorry)

chickengirlnm

Songster
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
clovis, new mexico
If you read my other post you will know who Mime is ..
I found this prayer and thought of her so here it is..

Treat me kindly my beloved master for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of mine.
Do not break my spirit with a stick for I should lick your hand between blows your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.
Speak to me often for your voice is the worlds sweetest music as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my ears.
When it is cold and wet please take me inside for I am a domesticated animal no longer used to the bitter elements and I ask no greater glory than the privilage of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.
If you had no home I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the sofest pillow in the warmest home in all the land for you are my god and I am your devoted worshipper.
Keep my pan filled with fresh water for although I should reproach you were it dry I can not tell you when I suffer thrist.
Feed me clean dry food that I may stay well to do your bidding to walk by your side and stay ready willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.
And beloved master should the great master see fit to deprive me of my health and sight do not turn me away from you rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew my fate was ever safest in your hands, and I will wait for you in heaven.

Last edited:
I want to cry after reading
this poem. I love my babies so much that the very thought of some one mistreating an animal makes me physically sick to my stomach. I'm sorry for your loss

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Yeah, I'm officially in tears now. Excuse me while I go find my Maggie-boo. She needs a hug.

(Maggie = 7 year old black lab aussie shepherd cross with a thyroid problem who still jumps up and licks you when you walk in like she did when she was less than a year old.)

I am glad that are other people like me who are big hearted hopeless in love with thier pets of all kinds.I am glad you all liked the poem I was in tears when I read the one spottedcrow posted. I do feel better knowing that Mime is no longer hurting and she can just rest now I know the pain I feel will pass in time , thank you all for being there.

Back
Top Bottom