DOH!...Oops! A good reason to use the cartons....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lickskillet, Feb 28, 2009.

1. lickskillet

lickskillet *Home of the Shoveler*

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    I felt soooo bad! This morning, just 30 minutes ago, I was cleaning up the sewing/brooder/bator room. I have the last hatched 5 week old chicks on the floor against one wall in the brooder, on another is the bator, also on the floor. To make a long story short, I was vacuming the floor and bumped the bator which moved about 3 inches, but was a pretty good BUMP.[​IMG] I was so mad at myself, I was trying to be sooo careful, and hit the dang thing anyway! [​IMG] Anyhow, I candled to be sure that they were OK, and was AWE struck to see a chick beak already WAY into the aircell, and moving it's feet like crazy! I KNOW "don't open the bator"! [​IMG] [​IMG] But before I took out the egg I threw some hot wet wadded up paper towells in there and never dropped humidity. They are due to start hatching tomorrow early afternoon.

So the moral of this story is, with the eggs in the carton they were protected from the unintended bump! [​IMG] The end! Thanks for listening....[​IMG]

2. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    Quote:[​IMG]

3. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    OK, the most unbelievable part of this whole thread is that ---YOU were vaccuuming?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. lickskillet

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    OKAY, jvls1942!!! [​IMG] STOP LOOKING IN MY WINDOWS!!![​IMG] How do know me so well? BTW how do you use the quote button? [​IMG] I can't figure it out! Tell me step by step....including highlighting text and so forth, yada yada yada [​IMG]

Pupsnpullets [​IMG] to you too! I like your doggy avatar! PURTY!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  5. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:you press the Quote button on the bottom right of the post.

Alternatively, you can quote just individual words by typing them in a reply, and then highlighting them and pressing the

button at the top of the reply.​

6. lickskillet

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    OK, thanks Andy123, just ignore my posts for awhile! LOL I'm gonna try it! HE-he....

OKAY.....lickskillet wrote:
    OKAY, jvls1942!!! STOP LOOKING IN MY WINDOWS!!! How do know me so well? BTW how do you use the quote button? I can't figure it out! Tell me step by step....including highlighting text and so forth, yada yada yada

OK!! I can get the QUOTE box, but not any text IN the box!!![​IMG]

7. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] you broke it!

8. lickskillet

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    [​IMG]
    Quote:

OK, thanks Andy123, just ignore my posts for awhile! LOL I'm gonna try it! HE-he....

OKAY.....lickskillet wrote:
    OKAY, jvls1942!!! STOP LOOKING IN MY WINDOWS!!! How do know me so well? BTW how do you use the quote button? I can't figure it out! Tell me step by step....including highlighting text and so forth, yada yada yada

OK!! I can get the QUOTE box, but not any text IN the box!!![​IMG]

OK!! I can get the QUOTE box, but not any text IN the box!!!

HEY!!! I DID IT!!!![​IMG]

THANKS AGAIN Andy123!!!![​IMG]

9. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I dont highlight anything I just hit the quote button on the person's box. make any sense? Im no good at explaining.

10. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    If you just hit quote it quotes the whole thing. I rarely want to quote an entire post especially if it's long so I copy and paste into the quote tags.

My bator gets bumped alot around hatching time. Nothing bad comes of it. There's more risk with opening to check on them than in being knocked around a bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by