Doing The Happy Dance!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by buckeyefever, Aug 16, 2010.

1. buckeyefever

buckeyefever Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2010
    Sunbury, OH
    About an hour ago, I got my first egg from my chickens! I believe I know which one it came from, too. I had let them out to free range a field I had just mowed and Comet (red sex link) had stayed in the run instead of running out with the others. I went back out about 30 minutes later and she was hanging out in the coop. Ten minutes ago I went to check on her and there was a nice little, perfectly shaped brown egg! She was 19 weeks old this weekend.

I'm so happy I'm dancin'!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  2. RM44

RM44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Did she strut around and tell you all about it? They are so cute when they first start laying. Now mine kind of greet me with "yeah, yeah, yeah, ..... move along please! Where's our treats?"

3. buckeyefever

May 18, 2010
    Sunbury, OH
    She kinda looked confused. More like "Did I really do that?" kind of look! I gave her some watermelon as a treat, so hopefully she'll tell the others how to do it!

4. bigstack

bigstack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Texarkana, TX
    [​IMG] Congrats!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know how I felt when I got my first. It is so amazing! I got my first fart egg about a week ago! I couldn't believe it! It was about the size of a grape! I havent opened it yet. I was told most don't have yolks but a very few do! I am going to candle my next 1 and see if I can Hatch a fart egg! Maybe I can get a Mini bantam! LOL I can just see it now...." Come see the smallest Giant ever born!" LOL

Congrats again and God Bless!

5. buckeyefever

May 18, 2010
    Sunbury, OH
    Hours later and I'm still feeling like a proud Mom!

6. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Congrats.After they lay a few you will most likely know when one lays an egg.Listen for all the commotion from the other hen's or roo's.Baaaaacaaaaaa baaaaacaaaaaa. I just got a couple more newbie egg's today one from one of my red pyle hen's and I think a cochin.Oh Boy the egg's are really starting to come now.I put 4 more egg's under my broody columbian today my bator is full .Gonna be about all she can handle. They not gonna be happy campers though they will be going to pen's soon. They have all been free ranging but now it's time for breeding pen's [​IMG]

7. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!! [​IMG]

9. buckeyefever