Doing the USPS Dance

Yanna

Songster
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Illinois
I ordered 11 bantam Araucana chicks from Meyer Hatchery that were shipped out the day before yesterday. They were scanned in Cleveland on Tuesday night at 7:30.

Here's the sketchy part - I put in a change of address form a couple of weeks ago as I've finally purchased a house and forgot to notify Meyer. SO...I called "both" of my post offices ( the houses are an hour apart from each other) as well as the USPS Customer Service Center (it has a slightly different name that escapes me right now) for Central Illinois. This morning, I called Meyer again (they gave me the tracking number yesterday) and Meyer confirmed for me that the package should be delivered to my old address (which is fine, as I'm still staying here due to unfinished repairs at the new place).

Looking at the tracking update today, it seems the package was scanned at O'Hare Airport at 11:25 yesterday morning. O'Hare is about an hour from the local processing facility (which, in turn, is about 20 minutes from here).

It's a bit chilly here and I hope the babies are okay.

I'm mystified.

The plus in all of this is that now I have the direct phone number for both post offices and the local Customer Service Center. But I want my chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My birds from Meyer were only going to Michigan, true I'm in northern MI but when I watched the tracking numbers unfold I was flabbergasted at how long it took them to go from the Meyer PO to the one in Ohio only 90 minutes away!

It's why I ended up with my last order going to Estes in MO, I figured flying them in to Detroit was faster than driving them in from a closer state!

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

11 Healthy Peepers are in the brooder, thanks be to God!

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom