1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dolly Or Doug?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lindabean, Sep 20, 2009.

1. lindabean

lindabean Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2009
    Texas Hill Country
    I bought 3 Buff Orph babies at the Feed Store in April, so they are about 5 months old. I wonder if Dolly will be Doug at maturity just because tail feathers look different than other 2. I've heard no crowing at all, but only 1 of the Ameracuna's from the Feed Store group has started laying yet. So, in your opinion, is it Dolly or Doug? It is the friendliest of all the chickens, jumping up on my knee for snuggles, so even if it is Doug, as long as he is nice he will stay. So WhaDaYaThink?
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]
    In photo 1 the chicken in question is on the left.
    Thanks

2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    My buff orpingtons at 20 weeks have much more comb than that. I vote pullet.

3. solarquail

solarquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    dolly..

4. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Pullet [​IMG]

5. lindabean

lindabean Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2009
    Texas Hill Country
    Yeah!! 3 for 3 say Dolly! I really hope so. Hubby begrudgingly agreed she could stay even if it turned out to be Doug, but I'm happy it's a hen. Now just need to get them into the Egg Laying mode. Molting started about a month ago, so even the regular layers (of which there are 3) are only giving 1 egg a day - that's total count - 1 egg 12 chickens! It's painful to buy chicken food AND a dozen eggs the same week.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by