Dom hen was laying regularily, now no eggs for over two weeks??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by vjbakke, Oct 27, 2011.

1. vjbakke

vjbakke Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    MN
    Rose, our vision impaired dom has been laying eggs almost every other day on the floor of the coop. She is 7 months old. She hasn't laid a single egg in over 2 weeks now. She's eating fine and still squats when you pet her. Due to her vision issues she's has hurt her comb a few times. And yesterday I noticed that she cut her foot somehow. She we be worried? Will she ever lay again?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  2. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    Its likely just the declining number of sunlight hours, unless you are giving supportive light. I'd keep a good eye on her and see if any other symptoms develop.

In the meanwhile, any chance she's egg bound?

3. vjbakke

Mar 21, 2011
    MN
    We do give supportive light, and all other hens lay an egg almost everyday. How can I tell if she is egg bound? It's been close to 3 weeks since she laid an egg I beleive. If she were egg bound wouldn't she be dead by now?

4. vjbakke

Mar 21, 2011
    MN
    Any one else? She isn't showing signs of being egg bound from what I have read happens. No panting, no straining. I am thinking she has genetic problems, ( we believe that is why she went blind) and this is another one along with the vision issues.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by