Dom or BR and other chick pictures

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by opihiman911, Mar 23, 2008.

1. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    Is this girl and Dominique or Barred rock?
    [​IMG]

And what would you say these 2month old chicks are? They were supposed to be RIR & BR. One of them is my feather footed freak cochin, the barred rock is a roo, what about the 2 black ones? They don't have the green sheen of austrolorp. They are a dull black with a light brown partridge underfeathering and they are very skittish and scared of my, almost impossible to catch. The other 3 are tame and eat out of my hand, not the 2 black ones though.
    Here is a pic of their first day in the run with all the older girls. My RIR could care less about them, but my austrolorp are curious and want to get in the and check them out.....or more likely give them a peck on the head [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cory

2. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Hen at the top looks like a silver penciled somthing. I don't know about the rest.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I dont know what the chicks are but that first bird is neither a Dom nor a Barred Rock, not even close.

4. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    I was wondering if the black one are black sex links? That is what you would get crossing a RIR and BR and that is what these eggs were supposed to be.

Cory

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:I agree! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by