"Domestic" Geeses

chickfinland

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 16, 2013
Finland
Hi everyone :)

I have 3 geeses now, one male and two females, they get along nicely, and last spring (2012) the older female 6y. old, layed about 30 eggs and she tried to incubate them but stopped before anything came out. I incubated 3 eggs my self and 2 babys hatched.

Now my year old girl is laying eggs and she's very fuzzy about her nest! Hilma is a slaughter goose, bought from rearing facility. I tought she wouldn't have any intres caring for eggs but now it seems otherwise :O

I don't have any idea what breeds or mixes these geeses are, All I know that the male have's some part of swangeese in him. These are quite large geeses.

Here in the background is Hilma standing, she's all white.

All our geeses are really friendly and curious about everything. Where we are, there's the geeses too!

Hi everyone :)

I have 3 geeses now, one male and two females, they get along nicely, and last spring (2012) the older female 6y. old, layed about 30 eggs and she tried to incubate them but stopped before anything came out. I incubated 3 eggs my self and 2 babys hatched.

Now my year old girl is laying eggs and she's very fuzzy about her nest! Hilma is a slaughter goose, bought from rearing facility. I tought she wouldn't have any intres caring for eggs but now it seems otherwise :O

I don't have any idea what breeds or mixes these geeses are, All I know that the male have's some part of swangeese in him. These are quite large geeses.

Here in the background is Hilma standing, she's all white.

All our geeses are really friendly and curious about everything. Where we are, there's the geeses too!
Hi and Welcome to BYC, your geese are beautiful, and I am pretty sure the one in the background in the first pics is a Production Toulouse, I have a goose just like her.

Back
Top Bottom