domestics released, smithville NJ

cbohn80

Songster
8 Years
May 2, 2011
nj
apparently people recently dumped a ton of domestic ducks at smithville village over by the dirt parking lot. tons of pekins, some large saxony looking ducks and khaki's. there has been domestic geese and some scovies there for a while but i doubt there will be enough food to feed all of them. a few even have angel wing. if anyone wants some more ducks this would be the place to get them. they are very friendly and were eating corn out of my wifes hand.

wow, do people not understand they are worth money? even for meat atleast something. they are easy to sell i dont get why people just dump bucnhes of ducks like this. take them to a dam auction

I would post this on the NJ thread to see if anyone close will want them! If not many will be eaten and die of starvation...
sad.png

Quote:
Some nuts think that they can surive on their own. They lack the stones to kill them. Happens with cats and dogs all the time.

hit.gif
It breaks my heart to hear about this.

I was in Smithville (first and last time EVER) in October while on vacation. There were TONS of geese, all over the road. It was revolting. Now adding ducks to that. Jerks.
Isn't there an animal control officer or rescue in that area that could help?
People suck.

it is sad, why buy ducks if you dont know you can take care of them? atleast find them a good home. i could see a few being there for families to see and feed but theres is way more than what the food sources can supply between all them and the wild geese and mallards. i really wanted to grab 2 or 3 but i have about as many as my yard can handle comfortably already.

Back
Top Bottom