domestics released, smithville NJ

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cbohn80, Dec 20, 2011.

1. cbohn80

cbohn80 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    nj
    apparently people recently dumped a ton of domestic ducks at smithville village over by the dirt parking lot. tons of pekins, some large saxony looking ducks and khaki's. there has been domestic geese and some scovies there for a while but i doubt there will be enough food to feed all of them. a few even have angel wing. if anyone wants some more ducks this would be the place to get them. they are very friendly and were eating corn out of my wifes hand.

2. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    wow, do people not understand they are worth money? even for meat atleast something. they are easy to sell i dont get why people just dump bucnhes of ducks like this. take them to a dam auction

3. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    I would post this on the NJ thread to see if anyone close will want them! If not many will be eaten and die of starvation... [​IMG]

4. Dusky Beauty

Dusky Beauty Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    Upshur County, Texas
    Less cruel to put a cleaver to their necks and stick them in the freezer than to abandon them in a park to starve and be terrorized by stray dogs [​IMG]

5. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:Some nuts think that they can surive on their own. They lack the stones to kill them. Happens with cats and dogs all the time.

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Some nuts think that they can surive on their own. They lack the stones to kill them. Happens with cats and dogs all the time.

[​IMG] It breaks my heart to hear about this.

7. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    I was in Smithville (first and last time EVER) in October while on vacation. There were TONS of geese, all over the road. It was revolting. Now adding ducks to that. Jerks.
    Isn't there an animal control officer or rescue in that area that could help?
    People suck.

8. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Quote:x2.

9. cbohn80

cbohn80 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    nj
    it is sad, why buy ducks if you dont know you can take care of them? atleast find them a good home. i could see a few being there for families to see and feed but theres is way more than what the food sources can supply between all them and the wild geese and mallards. i really wanted to grab 2 or 3 but i have about as many as my yard can handle comfortably already.

10. Dusky Beauty

Dusky Beauty Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    Upshur County, Texas
    Is it possible to go through animal control and sponsor a 'duck roundup and adoption event'?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by