Dominicker Chicks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Busymommabrown, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Busymommabrown

Busymommabrown New Egg

Mar 14, 2016
    Hello everyone! I'm new to BackYard Chickens.com. I just signed up this morning. I am having the best time working with my backyard chickens. This year I have 3 Easter Egger pullets. They are such little dolls! But, I'm looking for a couple of Dominicker female chicks to add to my group. It appears that all of the local places to find them are out of chicks and I"m not sure where to look next. Suggestions would be great....Please reply and let me know where you think I should inquire to find them. I live in North Central Alabama so if you know of something close to the Huntsville, Alabama area please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.
    ~Nena Brown
    Busymommabrown

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Nina, very glad to meet you. Welcome to Backyard chickens. If you put your state name in the search box, it will pop up.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Once you have 20 posts, you can use the buy-sell-trade forum...you maybe could find some there. There are also a few hatcheries that will mail a small order of chicks (MyPetChicken is the first one to come to mind).

Hope you find what you are looking for!

5. Brooke215

Brooke215 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2016
    Central VA
    My Coop
    I'm also looking for some Dominicker chickens, but I'm in va so we can't share an order. I know they're commonly for sale in the flea markets in sw va. That's my plan b if I can't find any through the forums here. And of course there's always hatching [​IMG]

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. If you can find a national club for the breed you want, maybe the members there could help you out, if the Buy/sell/trade option proves fruitless.

Good luck
    CT

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

8. Brooke215

Brooke215 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2016
    Central VA
    My Coop

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Best of luck finding your chicks! :)

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard chickens! So glad you joined us, and I hope you make yourself at home here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by