Dominique Barring - Dominicker Pullet

Metu

Chirping
Sep 15, 2022
I have 5 little Dominickers aged almost 6 weeks. They are 3 cockerels and 2 pullets. I've named only one - Daisy, my grandmother's name, who kept these chickens for years.
Now take a look at her. She is the girl on the right with what appears to be yellow bars on her neck. I've not seen this before on Dominiques. Is it common? Nonetheless, I'm not raising show chickens so I don't mind. I wonder if this color will stay with her.

She is super sweet. Just like my granny!
20220923_164834.jpg

For your gratification, a pic of the flock. Who doesn't love the sight of a pile of little Dominicker babies? :)
20220923_165518.jpg

Hey there! Super excited that you have this breed as they are pretty uncommon now!
The barring on the neck is a sign of a cross over at some point. The under color for a dominique should be silver, the rust or burnishing is a DQ or big fault for the breed, but its still kinda cute on them!

The only color I know they will throw that is technically part of the breed (though not a show standard) is the Sport color, which is solid white! Ive yet to experience that but it sounds neat!

Very cute birds you have there and love the distinct color difference of the boys and girls. They are a very classy bird!

Back
Top Bottom