Dominique gender??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by de kippendame, Jul 16, 2011.

1. de kippendame

de kippendame Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2011
    South Central IA
    I do believe I've got the breed correct, it was my free rare exotic. I've assumed all along that he would be a boy because he was the free one, but he has been very slow to develop any wattles or comb. He is 6wks and is the smallest of the bunch by far. He did have a bout with cocci a couple of weeks ago but was cleared up with Corid and once he was better, his comb went from yellow to bright pink. From researching on here, his light color indicates boy, just wanted to get other's opinions on what I have here. Thanks!!

Dominee 6wks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    If it were a pullet, the fronts of the legs would be black I believe. It does look like a Dominique cockerel.

3. chickiemamma

chickiemamma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    Looks girly to me!

4. de kippendame

de kippendame Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2011
    South Central IA
    He/she has been a fiesty little devil lately! Watched them for a while today and he/she kept nipping at a couple of the others for no apparent reason other than to annoy the others! If he is a he and he keeps that kinda attitude up, he'll be headed to the dinner table in a few weeks![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by