Dominique Question

bigspringshatchery

Songster
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Roanoke Alabama
Im thinking of getting a couple of hens to go with Dominique roo. I haven't seen much about the breed on here. Are they not a popular breed? Would they be worth trying to raise and sell some chicks and eggs for hatching. I got my RIRs to lay eating eggs.

We raise them and they are excellent at foraging and being confined. They are super smart and are very tame. I sell a ton of haching eggs and chicks from these birds, they are egg laying machines. Get a few, you won't be dissapointed.

Quote:
Ok thanks. If you don't mind me asking a out how much do you sell you hens for. So I'll know the guy ain't trying to rip me off. If the age matters around laying age.

The Dominique is awesome. Our hens started laying over a week ago, the RIRs hatched at the same time (and fed the same feeds) are still not even started. Meanwhile we have three hens laying a beautiful egg a day, with more of our hens getting that magical egg laying look in their eye.

Our Dominiques are also great foragers - we are hardly going through chicken food at all since we moved them out to the big coop where they free-roam the property for bugs and greens. I've found myself dumping their feeder out a couple of times because I was worried the food had gone stale and that's why they weren't eating it!

Back
Top Bottom