donate to youths

SnoDuck2

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 22, 2008
I am running a youth program and was going to order a bunch of birds for the kids to raise and show in junior meets. helping them along the way with all the educational aspects of raising their birds. But seeing all these birds available here I got another idea. Since it is still early I thought if anyone was willing I could get eggs and start with the incubation process. SOOO I was wondering if some of you people out there would be willing to donate eggs and get the kids started. I would be looking for an assortment of breeds so everyone has there choice instead of all being the same. It would not be limited to just chickens, ducks would be ok too. I am not asking for eggs yet just wondering who might be willing and what they could offer. I meet with the group again next weekend hopefully I can decide by then. Thanks

I have some quail eggs I could send you not sure of the fertility as I have not incubated any but they are fresh and I have several roos with the hens they are brown and golden Pharaohs. I could send you a couple dozen. Just let me know if your interested.

I dont know where you're located, but you might check locally first. Shipping eggs is expensive, and fertility can be very touchy. With local eggs, you'd have a much better chance of getting a good hatch.

Hi, I'd be interested, depending on your location as postage and handling is very expensive and the way I wrap my eggs, each dozen takes an hour to wrap.

Please also share with us/me a bit more about what your group is - is it FFA? 4H? etc.

I'm delighted you're thinking about getting them interested in birds. We have a variety of eggs here - white leghorn, speckled sussex, welsumer,buff orpingtons,RIR, etc. Hopefully once you post location and more about your group - you'll get a great response. Don't forget to post in your State's agricultural bulletin as well. We have had a 4-H'er and hubby was FFA so We support our youth.

Have a blessed day.

Back
Top Bottom